Lonely Planet: The world’s leading shuttle guide publisher
Whether exploring your own backyard or somewhere new, discover the freedom of USA’s open roads with Lonely Planet’s USA’s Best Trips, your passport to unique experiences waiting along American highways. Featuring 52 amazing road trips, from 2-day escapes to 2-week adventures, you’ll be able to journey through the Rockies’ spectacular parks or follow scenic Appalachian byways, all with your trusted shuttle companion. Jump in the car, turn up the tunes, and hit the road!
Inside Lonely Planet’s USA’s Best Trips:
- Lavish color and gorgeous all over
- Itineraries and planning advice to pick the right tailored routes for your needs and interests
- Get around easily – 197 easy-to-read, full-color route maps, detailed directions
- Insider tips to get around like a local, avoid trouble spots and be protected on the road – local driving rules, parking, toll roads
- Essential info at your fingertips – hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets – eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Covers New York, New England, Florida & the South, Great Lakes, Great Plains, Rocky Mountains, Southwest, California, Pacific Northwest and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet’s USA’s Best Trips is perfect for exploring the USA the classic American way – by road go back and forth!
- Planning an Americana go back and forth sans a car? Lonely Planet’s USA guide, our most comprehensive guide to the USA, is perfect for exploring both top sights and lesser-known gems.
- Looking for a guide focused on a specific US city? Take a look at Lonely Planet’s New York City guide, San Francisco guide, and Los Angeles, San Diego & Southern California guide for a comprehensive look at all that these cities offer, or Pocket New York City, Pocket San Francisco, and Pocket Los Angeles, handy-sized guides focused on can’t-miss sights for a quick go back and forth.
There’s More in Store for You:
- For more road-tripping ideas, Take a look at Lonely Planet’s USA Best Trips guides to New England, Southwest USA, California, Pacific Northwest, Florida & the South, and New York & the Mid-Atlantic.
- Or start with our FREE SAMPLER ‘USA’s Best Trips: 7 Amazing Road Trips,’ with excerpts from each guide that will help you pick which region to explore first.
- Also, Take a look at Lonely Planet’s European Best Trips guides to Italy, France, and Ireland and our FREE SAMPLER ‘Europe’s Best Trips: 3 Amazing Road Trips.’
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Sara Benson, Amy Balfour, Michael Benanav, Greg Benchwick, Lisa Dunford, Michael Grosberg, Adam Karlin, Mariella Krause, Carolyn McCarthy, Christopher Pitts, Adam Skolnick, Ryan Ver Berkmoes, Mara Vorhees and Karla Zimmerman.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has transform the world’s leading shuttle media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital shuttle products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet covers will have to-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to take into account more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.