# 1 best-selling guide to Peru *
Lonely Planet Peru is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Trek the ancient Inca trail, puzzle over the mystery of the Nasca lines, wander the stone temples of Machu Picchu or indulge in local delicacies in Lima; all with your trusted commute companion. Get to the heart of Peru and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Peru:
- Color maps and images all over
- Highlights and itineraries can help you tailor your shuttle to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save money and time and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips – hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets – eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights come up with a richer, more rewarding commute experience – history, cuisine, music, the arts, nature
- Over 70 color maps
- Covers Lima, Amazon Basin, Huaras, Cordilleras, Central Highlands, Chan Chan, Cuzco & the Sacred Valley, Lake Titicaca, Arequipa, Canyon Country and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Peru, our most comprehensive guide to Peru, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less traveled.
- Looking for just the highlights? Take a look at Discover Peru, a photo-rich guide to the country’s most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has change into the world’s leading commute media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital commute products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet covers will have to-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to have in mind more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
*Best-selling guide to Peru. Source: Nielsen BookScan. Australia, UK and USA.