Lonely Planet: The world’s leading Commute guide publisher
Lonely Planet Great Britain is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Ponder the mysteries of Stonehenge, explore the many sides of Edinburgh, or try new versions of British pub favourites at a gastropub; all with your trusted Commute companion. Get to the heart of Great Britain and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Great Britain Commute Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images all through
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your commute to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips – hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets – eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding Commute experience – history, architecture, landscape, wildlife, literature, cinema, television, music, painting, sculpture, theatre, sports, cuisine, politics.
- Free, convenient pull-out London map (included in print version), plus over 150 colour maps
- Covers London, Canterbury, Cambridge, Oxford, Birmingham, Yorkshire, Newcastle, The Lake District, Cardiff, Snowdonia, Glasgow, Argyll, Inverness, Stirling and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Great Britain, our most comprehensive guide to Great Britain, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled
- Looking for just the highlights of Great Britain? Take a look at Lonely Planet’s Discover Great Britain, a photo-rich guide to the country’s most popular attractions.
- Looking for a guide focused on London? Take a look at Lonely Planet’s London guide for a comprehensive look at all of the city has to offer; Discover London, a photo-rich guide to the city’s most popular attractions; or Pocket London, a handy-sized guide focused on the can’t-miss sights for a quick commute.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has develop into the world’s leading Commute media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital Commute products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers should-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to consider more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves. The world awaits!
Lonely Planet guides have won the TripAdvisor Traveler’s Choice Award in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016.
‘Lonely Planet. It’s on everyone’s bookshelves; it’s in every traveller’s hands. It’s on mobile phones. It’s on the Internet. It’s in every single place, and it’s telling entire generations of people how to Commute the world.’ — Fairfax Media
‘Lonely Planet guides are, slightly simply, like no other.’ – New York Times