#1 best-selling guide to Costa Rica *
Lonely Planet Costa Rica is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Snorkel the teeming reefs off Manzanillo, explore one of the globe’s best wildlife-watching destinations, or dig into Costa Rican culture and cuisine in San Jose; all with your trusted trip companion. Get to the heart of Costa Rica and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Costa Rica:
- Full-color maps and images all the way through
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your go back and forth to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips – hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets – eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding trip experience – cuisine, customs, history, landscapes & ecology, wildlife, surfing, cloud forests, politics
- Over 50 color maps
- Covers San Jose, Central Valley, Highlands, Northwestern Costa Rica, Peninsula de Nicoya, Central Pacific Coast, Southern Costa Rica, Peninsula de Osa, Golfo Duce, Carribean Coast, Northern Lowlands and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Costa Rica, our most comprehensive guide to Costa Rica, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less traveled.
- Looking for a guide focused on Costa Rica’s highlights? Take a look at Lonely Planet Discover Costa Rica, a photo-rich guide to the country’s most popular attractions
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Take a look at Lonely Planet Central The united states on a Shoestring guide for a comprehensive look at all of the region has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has develop into the world’s leading trip media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital trip products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet covers will have to-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to consider more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
*Best-selling guide to Costa Rica. Source: Nielsen BookScan. Australia, UK and USA